It’s official, we’ve jumped into the wedding planning process for my sister and I am so excited to share some of the highlights of this with all of you!
To start us off my sister is sharing 10 fun facts about herself so that you can all get to know her a bit better… she’s an amazing person (ditto to number 10 little sis … also I might need to do some insta stories sharing number 5 lol) and I am so excited to have her join me here in this space as we prepare for their big day!
TEN FUN FACTS ABOUT MY LITTLE SISTER, ALEXA
- I’ve become a crazy dog mom to our sweet Lab-Shepherd mix, Samwell Tarly.
2. Yes judging from the above fact, I’m a huge GOT fan.
3. I’m engaged to the love of my life! We’ll be together 7 years in July.
4. I’m an Registered Nurse and I absolutely love what I do.
5. I can rap almost every Kanye West song (I will not pretend I do a good job though).
6. I really enjoy running and hope to complete a half or even full marathon one day.
7. I’m clearly not the writer of the fam, I leave that up to Vaness.
8. If I could put cilantro on everything, I totally would.
9. I’m lactose intolerant.
10. My sister is one of my very best friends xo
I’m going to add that she is one of the most organized and punctual people I know and she also loves to make everything fun … it’s great to have someone like that in your life! So a few weeks ago, in her very organized, very ahead of schedule way, we sat down to do some wedding planning stuff (that quickly became a fun little party lol).
Alexa had the idea of giving each of her bridesmaids a little gift as a way of asking them to be in her wedding party, sis where were you 7 years ago? I love this idea! So, we partnered with Foxy Originals and found a unique pair of earrings that suited each bridesmaid’s personality to give them as a “will you be my bridesmaid gift.”
Foxy Originals is a Canadian-based jewelry company started by two friends, Jen and Suzie who met at The University of Western Ontario (which is also where my sister and I went… small world). One of the things I love the most about this company is that all of the pieces are hand-made in Toronto, Ontario. I’ve been working with Foxy for a few years now and absolutely love their unique style. My sister actually bought me my first Foxy piece years ago as a birthday gift and I’ve been in love with the brand ever since.
The “will you be my bridesmaid gifts” turned out beautifully! Alexa, also had personal cards made for each of us, this was a surprise for me, that included a heartfelt note. Such a wonderful way to ask someone to take part in your big day!
It’s honestly so amazing to be apart of my sister’s wedding planning process and I am so excited to share more of the details as we go!