Sunday brunch is a pretty big tradition in our home, and during these tough times we’ve found that cooking and keeping these kinds of traditions going have really been uplifting for our entire family.
We recently partnered with @meyerhousewarescanada to create some fun recipes and
we decided to get creative and switch up our traditional pancakes. My husband and I
made strawberry, banana pancakes with a strawberry sauce using Meyer Housewares Canada pots and non-stick frying pans and we were blown away bythe quality! The frying pan was incredible, the pancakes slid off the pan when they were
done and pots are lightweight and so easy to clean.
Meyer is Canada’s only cookware manufacturer, and they’ve been making cookware for
Canadians since 1979. It’s design, materials, and craftsmanship make it perfect for busy
kitchens like ours. The heavy-duty stainless steel, durable handles that never loosen or
fall off, and a special heat-conducting base that is safe for all cooktops, as well as oven
The cookware was incredible to use, I honestly felt like a chef in our own home!
I’m sharing this delicious new Strawberry-Banana Pancake with Strawberry Sauce below!
In addition to this I am so happy to offer you all a IG10 discount code with their so you
can receive an additional 10% off you Meyer Canada cookware purchase. Please note
that this discount code is only available until July 15.
Strawberry Banana Pancakes with Strawberry Sauce
1 ½ cups flour
3 and ½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp white sugar
1 and ¼ cup milk
3 tbsp melted butter
1tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp butter (to grease frying pan)
1 Banana (mashed)
1/2 cup Strawberries (chopped)
Ingredients for Strawberry Sauce
3/4 cup strawberries (chopped)
1/4 cup of white sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon warm water
1 teaspoon flour (optional … to thicken sauce)
DIRECTIONS for PANCAKES
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in one bowl.
- In another bowl mix milk, egg, butter and vanilla extract.
- Make a well in the centre of your dry ingredients and pour in the wet, mixing until they are well combined.
- Add mashed banana and 1/2 cup of chopped strawberries
- Let mixture stand for about 10 minutes. This will help the dough to rise and it makes for some extra fluffy pancakes.
- On medium heat melt a tbsp of butter in a frying pan and pour pancake mixture into the pan in medium sized circles. Flip pancakes when they start to bubble.
DIRECTIONS for STRAWBERRY SAUCE
- Add 3/4 cup of strawberries, 1/4 cup of sugar, lemon juice and water to a sauce pan. Cook sauce on medium-to-low heat stirring constantly,
- Add 1 teaspoon flour to sauce if needed (to thicken sauce)
- Pour sauce over pancakes.
Happy Father’s Day 🙂