We are about a month into our kitchen renovation, and I can honestly say I’m missing my kitchen a lot! In fact, I’m kind of experiencing a little bit of baking withdrawals. Yes, at first I was just frustrated by the practical elements of living through the challenges of a kitchen reno, like not having a kitchen sink to wash dishes in, now I am truly missing the experience of baking and cooking. I can’t wait to get back to baking, but for now I am excited to share a recipe that I cooked up a few months ago.
The idea for these biscuits came out of a need for bread. Yup, I needed bread one night to go with our dinner, I think we planned for soup that night, and neither of us wanted to go to the store. So, instead of buying bread I made biscuits! It turns out that this was a huge hit, my husband and my son loved them! So the next time you are craving fresh bread and don’t want to go out and buy some, bake biscuits; they’re quick, fluffy, fresh and delicious.
CHEDDAR CHEESE BISCUITS
½ cup grated cheddar cheese
½ cup grated gouda cheese
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
2 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp dried Italian seasoning (basil, oregano, thyme)
¼ tsp salt
¼ cup softened butter
1 cup milk
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cover baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl using a fork.
- Cut in butter using two knives.
- Fold in the cheeses.
- Add milk and mix until well combined.
- Using a tablespoon, spoon out sections and drop onto a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the tops with a pinch of parmesan and bake for 10 minutes.
*Note: these pair perfectly with Potato Leek Soup!